Shannon MicroCoil Profile
Why Shannon MicroCoil?
Shannon MicroCoil offers customers
- Proven, Consistent Quality – ISO13485 approved
- Clean Room and White Room Facility, Wide Range of Equipment
- Engineering Expertise that is Second-to-None
- Comprehensive Service, from Design to Delivery for Medical Device Companies
- Fast Turnaround Times, Flexible Production Scheduling
- An Absolute Focus on Customer Requirements
About Us – Medical Devices Component Manufacturers:
Shannon MicroCoil is a Medical Device component manufacturer that specializes in wire forming, coiling, profile grinding and the production of medical tubes and mandrels.
At Shannon MicroCoil quality of service is assured with our ISO 13485 certified design and manufacturing system. We operate to extreme diameters and offer a full medical device design service to clients all over the world: this includes operating a rapid sample production or prototype service that supports R & D Engineers in the area of product development.
Shannon MicroCoil Products & Services:
Shannon MicroCoil is a specialist in the design and manufacturing of medical device components such as wire forming, coiling(both square and round wire profiles, lubricous coated and plain wire), grinding and welding. We are one of the leading medical device companies that have expertise including guidewire and catheter manufacturing, mandrels, tube/hypotube and secondary assembly of any kind.
Our Core Capabilities:
Shannon MicroCoil is a specialist manufacturing company serving the medical device industry with micro-precision wire coiled and wire formed products. All components are designed to customer specifications. We are specialists in complex parts and sub-assemblies and have the ability to operate to extreme lengths and diameters. Our products can be manufactured from a full range of implantable and surgical grade alloy materials.
Shannon MicroCoil Products & Capabilities
• Coiled products offered by Shannon MicroCoil include: Catheters, Specialty Guidewires, Springs and Delivery Devices.
• Materials used in the production of components include all implantable and surgical grade alloys, PTFE and Paraylene coated wires and coils.
• Core Capabilities: Winding, Microcoiling, Grinding and Wire Forming.
• Shannon MicroCoil is an expert in Ancillary Processes such as Taper Grinding, Centerless Grinding, and Welding.
• Other capabilities include R & D, new product development and prototyping with excellent turnaround times.
Shannon MicroCoil Delivers Value
Shannon MicroCoil is a medical device component manufacturing company that specializes in all forms of medical wire processing and the high-precision coiling of extreme diameters. Among other services, we grind medical wire and stainless steel tubes to produce a variety of profiles in both tube and wire form – all done to the customer’s specifications.
Our services are available to medical device manufacturers all over the world. Supporting services include our rapid prototyping service that provides quick turnaround times to all product development engineers involved.
We offer satisfaction to our customers and are fortunate to have repeat business due to our experience and expert knowledge in the industry. This experience results in increased productivity and targets when using Shannon MicroCoil products.
Medical device assembly and other value add processes that compliment our production are carried out in our new 3000ft class K mode white room. Our premises in Limerick, Ireland are purpose-built for medical device manufacturing. These premises consist of ISO certified facilities that allow us to manufacture and supply both OEM’s (original equipment manufacturers) and contract manufacturers a variety of high quality and customer specific components.
Recent products include our newly launched medical tube & catheter reinforcement coil. This coil, entitled The Integra, is endowed with valuable anti-kick and radial strength properties.
Standards & Certification:
Shannon MicroCoil is an ISO 13485 & ISO 2001 certified manufacturer of components for the medical device industry, with clients across the world.